Maxi Cosi Opal Car Seat - Robin Red (Birth-18Kg) UK
The Maxi-Cosi Opal is a high comfort-combination car seat that is suitable from birth to 18 kg (approx. 4 years). At a touch of a button it can be easily be switched from a rearward Group 0+ baby car seat to a forward facing Group 1 toddler car seat. Thanks to its unique, angled base the Opal offers extra legroom for your little one providing parents the option to use this car seat from birth to 13 kg (approx. 15/18) in rearward facing position. This is 3 to 6 months longer than many other rearward-facing Group 0+ car seats. Travelling in a rearward facing position offers improved head and neck protection for your child in the event of an accident.
This Maxi-Cosi car seat covers two age groups and therefore the seat unit grows with your child in height and width to ensure long lasting comfort and safety. Supplied with a removable newborn seat reducer, this Group 0+/1 car seat offers a natural recline in rearward facing position and 5 recline position in forward facing mode to ensure your little one always sits comfortably whether they are taking a nap or sitting upright looking out of the window.
Installed using the car seat belt, the Maxi-Cosi Opal uses the same belt routing for each direction of travel and the intuitive installation process makes installing it a breeze. Your child will be safe and secure in this car seat as it features a 5-point safety harness with practical belt hooks, which keep the harness out of the way when placing your little one in their seat. The seat harness and headrest adjust simultaneously to ensure the headrest always remains in a comfortable position and the harness stays at the correct level as your child grows.
- Extended rearward facing travel from birth until 13 kg (approx. 15/18 months)
- Use forward facing from 9 kg to 18 kg (approx. 4 years)
- Easy to install in most cars with a 3-point seat belt
- Soft padded and spacious seat, adjustable both height and width-wise to grow with your child
- Includes a belt tensioner for a more secure fit
- Unique angle base offers a nature recline for extra comfort for babies while in the rearward facing position
- Helpful guide indicates the right time to switch to forward facing
- 5 recline positions when in forward facing mode
- Simultaneous headrest and harness adjustment
- Harness hooks to help keep the harness out of the way when placing your child in the car seat
- Added side protection system for better head and neck protection
- Includes a newborn seat reducer for younger babies, 5-point safety harness and harness pads
- ECE R44/04 approved